Today I’m going to explain about how to create a website using wordpress. This guide is exclusively for new bloggers who want to set up their website/blog on the WordPress platform.
This article guides you the following things:
- How to buy domain name and hosting for your WordPress website.
- How to install WordPress software.
- Things to do after WordPress installation
- Install WordPress themes and plugins.
- Create important pages.
- Create first post
The most important thing before creating/starting a website/blog is having a domain name.
We are offering new bloggers to get out blog setup for completely free
WHAT IS DOMAIN NAME?
In simple words, it is the Name of Website. In general words, domain name is represents an IP (Internet Protocol). IP address is nothing but list of unique numbers for example like this 22.214.171.124. But a normal human can’t remember such set of numbers. So that domain name was created to make it human-friendly. You can easily remember the websites name (i.e. Google, helpaservices, Facebook etc.).
When you enter the domain name (ex: – helpaservices.com), the web browser finds respective IP address from the DNS server and send the users to website associated with the IP address. Don’t worry for making a website you don’t need to understand this concept.
You Just Keep in Mind Domain name means Name of a Website or brand or organisation. You cannot buy the same domain name if somebody has already registered it on his name.
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF DOMAIN NAME?
This is the main structure of domain name:-
HOW TO FIND IP ADDRESS OF WEBSITE:
- You can easily find your IP (internet protocol) by typing “My IP” on the Google search. It shows your system (computer or pc) Ip address.
- If you want to find out your website ip address, then just go to the respective websites and enter your website name that’s it. site24x7.com or ipinfo.info
WHO MANAGES THE DOMAIN NAME?
All domain names are managed by Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). This is the central coordinating agency for distributing the domain names. It has given the API keys to many intermediates companies (i.e. Godaddy, Bigrock, Bluehost etc.) where you can buy the domain names. The same database is used by all these mediators. You cannot buy the same domain name if somebody has already registered it on his name irrespective of any intermediate.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF DOMAIN NAMES?
Domain names have two parts. Main domain and top level domain (TLD). Based on the Tld (extension) there are different types of domains are classified. For example extensions with them, like .com .in .xyz etc. These extensions are called TLD (Top Level Domain). There are 2 type of TLD
- gTLD (Generic TLD): ex:- .com .xyz .net .org are gTLD
- ccTLD (Country Code TLD): ex: – .in .us .tk .ga .ml .uk are ccTLD. Where as.in represents India, .us represents United States and so on.
If you want to but your own domain name, you can get the domain from registrars like godaddy, bigrock.in, etc. It’s very easy to get a domain name. Just enter the name which you want to create a brand, add the domain name into your cart, and do the payment.
WHAT IS A HOSTING?
It is the physical location of your website on the Internet, or a online storage centre that houses the information, images, video, and other content that comprises your website. Without a web hosting, website will not be visible on the Internet.
Website hosting is typically measured in the amount of disk space you are allotted on the server and the amount of data transfer or a “bandwidth” you need for accessing the server. For example, if you have a lot of viewer’s interaction at your website, such as files to download, you will access the server frequently and you will need more web hosting transfer space, than if someone who simply puts readable text on their website. The more “items” or “content” you have on your website (i.e., photos, maps, PDF files, etc.), the more disk space you’ll need for website hosting.
Many Web hosting providers include FrontPage extensions, which allow you to create your website FrontPage, and File Transfer Protocol (FTP), which allows you to easily upload files from your computer to the Web hosting server.
TYPES OF HOSTING
In shared hosting servers, you and other website owners shared one server. This hosting includes sharing the physical server and software applications within the server itself. However, a number of down sides issue, which causes the website slower. This type of hosting is used for small websites, blogs, etc.
The cost of Shared hosting will be low cost.
In dedicated hosting servers, you have the entire web server yourself. The server is exclusively rented by you and your websites, only your websites are stored on the server. This hosting allows websites for faster performance, as you have full root and admin access, which means control over everything from security to operating system, without sharing hosting with other website owners. This is a good choice for websites, which have high traffic. This type of hosting costs higher than other hosting because of having entire server for yourself.
In this type of hosting, you need to purchase your own server and have it housed at a web host’s facilities. You will only the responsible for the server itself. The main advantage of this type of hosting service is you have full control of the web server. You can also install any scripts/ applications that you need.
Virtual private server (VPS) hosting:
A VPS hosting service mimics a dedicated server within a shared hosting environment. In simple words the vps hosting server environment has both shared hosting and dedicated hosting. This type of hosting is used when you don’t want to invest in a dedicated server. However, by dividing a server into virtual servers – each website is hosted on its own dedicated server, though they still share a physical server with other users/owners.
So, who uses VPS hosting?
Users who want to dedicated hosting but don’t have the technical knowledge. VPS hosting offers the cost benefits of shared hosting with the control of dedicated hosting. A great choice for advanced users and those want a specific software and package installations.
Cloud hosting can mean different things in different contexts. With hosting, it means many computers working together, and running applications by using combined computing resources. It is hosting solution that works via a network, like the internet, and enables companies to consume the computing resources.
Using as much as resources they need without having to build and maintain their own computing infrastructure in-house. The resources required for maintaining your website are spread across more than one web server, which reducing the chance of downtime due to server malfunction.
Cloud-based hosting is scalable, meaning your site can grow over time, using as much as resource it requires and you only pay for what you need.
How to create a website using wordpress 2020:
- Register domain name and hosting
- wordpress installation
- Making money from your website
Now the real process starts to create a website.
Before creating a website, you need a domain name and hosting (I thing you are familiar with this words, I tell already about this topics)
1. Get domain name and hosting:
1. Pick a Domain name?
To pick a domain name, please keep these things in your mind. Domain name is easy to remember, easy to type, easy to pronounce, and matches your brand name because it will be reflects your products or services that you provide, so that your customers can easily find your business through a search engine.
Things don’t use:
- Don’t use long domain name, try to keep it less than 14 characters. Ex:- helpaservices.com
- Don’t use hyphens in domain name because it disturb your business.
For domain name ideas go to these websites:-
To identify if your domain name is available or not use these free tools (domain checker):-
2. Where to buy domain name and hosting?
It is very critical thing where to buy. There are lot of platforms available in market to buy a domain.
We are recommending you to buy domain and hosting in one place.
All these websites offering free domain name. You can buy hosting and domain name in any one of them using our links to avail it.
Features of bluehost plan:
- 1 click wordpress install
- Free domain name
- Free ssl socket
- Free domain name (Saving of $12/year)
- Easy to use cPanel (user-friendly cpanel).
- Live chat support
- 30 days money back guarantee
- 24/7 support
How to get free domain name:
If you want free domain just go to bluehost, and buy any type of hosting along with, you will get free domain and ssl socket.
1. How to buy hosting and domain in bluehost:
- Go to
- Click on get started button
- Select basic plan – if you want to create a one blog or website – recommended
Select plus plan – if you want to create more than one blog or website in single hosting.
4. After selection of plan, you will go to the sign up page; here you can claim your free domain name. If you are not ready with your domain name you can click on choose later.
5. This is last step, you need to fill your contact information, and pay attention to package information and package extras.
Uncheck everything except domain privacy protection in package extra options
Under payment information, you can pay via credit/debit card/PayPal; you can click on more payment options.
Once you have made the payment, Bluehost will also create your blog in next 10 minutes. This will be done automatically and saves a lot of hassles for beginners who just want a ready-made blog.
2. How to install wordpress software:
There are three ways to install wordpress software. Its is a open- source software.
- 1-click installation – bluehost done everything, to create a blog or website in 10 minutes.
- Softaculous app installer
- Manual installation
In this section I will show how you can also learn wordpress installation in three different ways. You can follow any one of them to install wordpress software in your website.
1. 1-click installation:
Once you’re done with buying domain name and hosting from bluehost, then follow the instructions of bluehost to automatically install the wordpress software.
2. Softaculous app installer:
1. Go to cpanel account – enter your domain name https://yourdomian.com/cpanel add your domain in “yourdomian.com”.
2. Login to cpanel account by entering account credentials which are email you by respective hosting providers.
3. Scroll down or search “softaculous app installer”. Select the wordpress script.
4. Click on install – 1. Quick install
2. Custom install –recommended choosing.
5. (i) software setup
- Choose version – set this as latest version
- Choose protocol – choose http:// (or) http://www if you don’t have ssl certificates.
Choose https:// (or) https://www. If you have ssl certificate or also direct select these protocol who has purchased hosting and domain from bluehost.
- Choose domain – select domain name that you want to install a wordpress.
- In directory – keep this box empty if it has anything.
(ii) Site settings
- Site name – enter the name of the blog/website.
- Site description – write something about your blog/website
- Multisite option – keep this disable.
(iii) Admin account
- Admin username – enter username
- Admin password – enter strong password
- Make sure to remember these credentials because these are login credentials for wordpress.
- Admin email – firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Click here to how to create a business email for wordpress.
Click here to how to setup a mail chimp account to wordpress.
(iv) Choose language – select language of wordpress dashboard
(v) Select plugins
Under plugin section doesn’t select anyone.
(vi) Advanced options
Don’t do any changes in the section or else don’t touch it.
(vii) Select theme
Choose any theme or don’t select them.
(viii) Click on “install” button.
After installation completes you will see these information
“Hurray you will install wordpress software in your website.”
How to install wordpress manually in cpanel:
To install wordpress software manually, you need two things, database name and database user+password.
Step-1: Download wordpress.zip file from the official website http://www.wordpress.org/download. And extract it, keep it aside.
Step-2: Create a MySQL database and user:
Why to create a MySQL database and user?
Generally wordpress stores all the information in a database. A database is a storage house for all the content in your website. It stores the text files, Themes, plugins etc. To store the data you will need a database which can be create using the below procedure.
1. Login into cPanel account, just go to the yourdomian.com/cpanel enters credentials to login.
2. In the database section, you will see MySQL databases and MySQL database wizard. Here you can click anyone of them to create database. In this article I’m showing easy way to create a database using “MySQL database wizard”.
3. (i) Enter database name and click on next step.
(ii) Now enter the database username and password (note: create strong password by using any password generator tool or generator yourself) and click on create user.
(iii) Add user to the database name, click the “all privileges” which is located on top of the box, and click step button. That’s it you successfully created a database, username+password.
(iv) Note down the database name, username and password in a notepad, because these are most important things to install wordpress software manually.
Step 3: configure wp-config.php file.
Now go to the previously extracted wordpress file, and search for “wp-config-sample.php” file, rename the file to wp-config.php and open it on a notepad.
Look for following information:
// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** // /** The name of the database for WordPress */ define( 'DB_NAME', 'database_name_here' ); /** MySQL database username */ define( 'DB_USER', 'username_here' ); /** MySQL database password */ define( 'DB_PASSWORD', 'password_here' );
Now replace the highlighted field’s i.e. database_name_here, username_here, password_here with your recently note down things and save the file.
Select wordpress folder and compress files to zip/rar.
Step-4: upload wordpress to hosting account.
There are three ways to upload the files to hosting account. They are:
- Uploading via FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- Uploading via File Manager – recommended
- Uploading SSH (Secure Socket Shell)
Using the file manager, locate the public_html or subdirectory to install the wordpress and upload the zip/rar file at the desired folder. Click on the zip file to select it and then from the cpanel toolbar at the top, click “extract”. After that click on “reload” in the cpanel toolbar and you will see the extracted folder. You can now delete the zip/rar file in order to keep the everything nice and clean.
Step-5: Run the installation
Open your default browser new window, and enter anyone of the URL depending on where you installed the script. You will find it at either of the following URLs:
Step 6: Complete the Installation
After this you should see a welcome page that says “Welcome to the famous five-minute WordPress installation process!” Just fill in the information below and you’ll be on your way to using the most extendable and powerful personal publishing platform in the world.
- Site Name
- Password (needs to be entered twice)
- Email address (login information will be sent to this email address)
- Select whether or not to have the search engines index the site
Click on Install Now, and you should be taken to the final screen, showing the following message:
“Success! WordPress has been installed.”
3. Things to do after wordpress installation:
After WordPress install, you need to do some basic steps like deleting dummy post, page, and comment.
- Delete default post, page, comment and plugins
- Set Time zone
- Enable/Disable User Registration
- Set WordPress Discussion/Comments Settings
- Populate WordPress Ping List
- WordPress Media Settings
- Set Up WordPress Permalinks
- Disable Directory Browsing
Log in to your wordpress dashboard using http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin.
1. Delete default post, page, comment and plugins:
Log in to wordpress dashboard. Delete the default post, pages, comment and plugins etc.
2. Set General settings:
Go the Settings >> General settings.
- You can able to change the site title and tagline from the settings page. These two things are very important because this is what shows up in Google Search
2. Email address:
You can able to change the current email address with your personal email or business email address.
3.Enable or disable user registration:
If want to allow guest posting then to allow this, tick on the “Anyone can register” box, and set the “New User Default Role” as “Contributor”.
If you don’t want people to register, don’t tick the “Anyone can register” box.
4. Time zone:
Make sure to set your time zone to your local time, so that when you schedule posts they will go live according to your setted time.
5. Pinging services:
What is pinging?
Ping is a tool which extends the blog/website to reach major search engines.
These are the ping list, which you can copy and paste into the wordpress “update service” box which is located under settings >> writing. See the screenshot below.
http://rpc.pingomatic.com http://rpc.twingly.com http://api.feedster.com/ping http://api.moreover.com/RPC2 http://api.moreover.com/ping http://www.blogdigger.com/RPC2 http://www.blogshares.com/rpc.php http://www.blogsnow.com/ping http://www.blogstreet.com/xrbin/xmlrpc.cgi http://bulkfeeds.net/rpc http://www.newsisfree.com/xmlrpctest.php http://ping.blo.gs/ http://ping.feedburner.com http://ping.syndic8.com/xmlrpc.php http://ping.weblogalot.com/rpc.php http://rpc.blogrolling.com/pinger/ http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping http://rpc.weblogs.com/RPC2 http://www.feedsubmitter.com http://blo.gs/ping.php http://www.pingerati.net http://www.pingmyblog.com http://geourl.org/ping
6. Media setting:
By default wordpress create multiple image sizes for every image uploaded. This causes your blog/website to load slowly.
If you make changes like this¬, wordpress will stops generating multiple images.
The default WordPress permalink is – http://yourdomain.com/p=123. This is short, but not friendly for search engines.
Go to Settings >> Permalink and select “Post name”. Click “Save”. This permalink is search engine friendly.
Remember don’t change permalink after your website is indexed in search engines; it effects your site ranks and traffic etc.
8. Disable directory browsing:
For disabling directory, you need add a simple one line code to your .htaccess file. Don’t panic it’s actually very easy to do.
Go the cpanel account >> file manager >> website directory >> select and edit .htaccess file >> add code >> save changes. See below screenshot to understand.
4. Adding and designing theme:
WordPress has number of free and paid themes to design website look beautiful. We are recommending two themes on that install only one theme.
Use anyone theme to decorate/design website look beautiful with help of elementor plugin (drag and drop editor)
Log in to wordpress dashboard
Three ways to install themes to wordpress website.
- Go to the appearance>>themes. You can select and install the theme that you like or else search the theme name you know.
2. If you have .zip file theme you need to upload that to access. See the screenshot.
3. Manual method using cpanel file manger
Three ways to install plugins
- Using plugin options plugins>>add new and select any plugins to install.
2. Using plugin options plugins >> upload plugins.
3. Using file manager in cpanel
Best plugins to install
1. Yoast Seo – Seo Purpose
2. Wp Super Cache – Increase The Speed Of The Website
3. Jetpack – A Multi-Featured Plugin
4. Akismet – Protect Blog/Website From Spamming
5. Onesignal – Notification To Subscribe
7.Wordfence – Security Plugin
8. No Self Pings – Stops Sending Pingbacks
9. Google Analytics – Viewers Statistic
10. Mail chimp (Beginners) – To Capture Emails
12. Cookie Notice – Cookie Notice Plugin
5. Create important pages:
- About us – write something about yourself
- Contact us
- Enter name of the company
- Website name
- Website url(domain name)
Step: 2- Additional Information
- Cookies – Yes
- Google AdSense – Yes
- Advertising – Yes
Step: 3- business details
- Select country
- Select state
- Email address
Generate content for disclaimer using this website
Step: 1 – Go the disclaimer generator
- Enter name of the company
- Website name
- Website url
Step: 2- business details
- Select country
- Select state
- Enter Email address
Click on generate disclaimer, and then copy the content and paste into the respective page.
6. Create your first post
Before writing content, make sure to remember this, write the post in the first person view, because there is a single person who is reading your blog post.
- Your selected content should cover all the aspect of the topic
- Feel free to write 500+ words
- Don’t copy images from Google, rather than use these website to download images:
4. You can also embed YouTube videos.
stay tuned for how to earn money from website/blog